Two-factor authentication for mentors
Two-factor authentication (2FA) will provide security to your Codementor account and your payout settings. Once two-factor authentication is enabled, you will be prompted to enter a verification code when updating your account email, account password, and your payout method.
You can set up your two-factor authentication on your account settings page.
If you've misplaced your phone, you can use your backup codes or contact us for help.
If you're having trouble setting up 2FA...
- Be sure to use one of the recommended apps (Google Auth is on the list)
- Make sure the time on your phone is set automatically/correctly
- Try again by requesting a new link and rescanning the bar code
- Make sure the code hasn't expired yet when you submit it
- If the above did not work, then try using another phone or desktop app (like 1Password), then try scanning the QR code again and verify.