There will be times where freelance jobs are a better fit to solve an issue rather than live sessions. Some situations where you might considering asking a client to create a freelance job:
- A client prefers to work on an issue offline or async (e.g. they prefer to read comments in code added by you and absorb it at their own pace)
- A client simply needs help creating a working solution to a problem
Before you ask a client to create a freelance job, please make sure that:
- You are clear about the goal the client is trying to achieve and related requirements of the request
- Is there a deadline? Is the job time-sensitive?
- What do deliverables look like? For example, is it a code snippet for a working solution?
- If you are not sure if you can complete a job given the information from a request, we recommend chatting with the client to clarify or starting a free session from the chat window to figure out if you can be of help.
Once you are certain you can help with the job, you can ask clients to create a freelance job to put payment in escrow. We encourage you to learn more about how freelance jobs work for clients: